Thursday, January 25, 2007

Now, Where The Hell Did I Put My Magic Feather?


Anyone tired of Santas's Village?

Here's a nice underbelly shot of the first Dumbo's Flying Elephants ride vehicle. Weird, since it's Dumbo himself. Notice the ears which have hinges at the skull.

These early Dumbos featured 'ear flap' animation which quickly caused more problems then the effect was worth. The sculptor, Chris Muller, was commissioned to fix the problem by creating new casts from a fixed ear Dumbo with no hinges for movement.

Well, it was a nice try anyhow.


Sorry for no posts. Just find myself so exhausted when I get home, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer again. I'll get over it....
Thanks for checking back! I'll start up the routine soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Merlinsguy said...

Glorious shot of Dumbo!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Sharon Spotbottom said...

I see Dumbo's pickle.

2:01 PM  
Blogger thepicklebarrel said...

thanks for the legal tips "jim"!

sure glad to know there's someone looking out for those of us interested in litigation fer profit!

weasel....yeah, thats what i thought too. looks to be a vinyl cowling but it could very well be 'spit and a prayer' construction....ah, the good ol' days!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Chris Merritt said...

Thank God you updated.

Every night as I drive home and make a left on Grandview, I think to myself - "Ahhhhh... Jordan must still be locked away in there, dreaming up new and better posts for us."

Then I rush home to see yet again... Santa's Village!!!!!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Dominic said...

Finally! It's really Christmas again because Jordy's back!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com