Monday, December 18, 2006

Jeez! Thanks Santa!

Joe Barbera (1911-2006)


Well, I'm sure many of you are wondering where I've been. Let me apologize in advance.

After almost eight years as an independent in animation, I've started a new gig at Dreamworks Animation. I have to say, so far I love it! What a great place.

On the excuse note, things were a little crazy when I first started and I had to place the blog on the back burner for a little bit. I promise to pick things up in the next week.


That said, I heard the crappy news today.....we lost another massive figure in animation today. Joe Barbera. He's absolutely one of my heroes and this is a big loss for those of us who loved his work.


I'm off to an event this evening but I'll try to post something later. just wanted to say....something before getting plastered this evening. Besides, it's very possible I might not make sense later!

In the meantime, get the latest news from my favorite site,
Cartoon Brew.

Again, I apologize for the absence but I shall return!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike Milo said...

Hey Jordan!
Hows things? I saw your post on Cartoon brew and thought I'd say hello. Not the best day for it though.Joe was awesome. Very sad to see him go. Congratulations on your dreamworks gig. Just wanted to say hello...
-Mike

6:19 PM  
Blogger Matterhorn1959 said...

Jordan- I share your pain about the loss of Joe. But it is temepered with congratulations on your gig at Dreamworks.

6:05 AM  
Blogger thepicklebarrel said...

thanks fellers!

he was a great one...

mike milo! howya doin buddy?

hope all is swell with you and yers this dandy oliday season!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Dominic said...

His Ruff & Ready were the first cartoons I remember as a child. Sad, sad news! End of an era, truly.

A few days earlier we lost another great in Chris Hayward, creator of Fractured Flickers and Dudley Do-Right.

Congrats on your new assignment at Dreamworks (Weren't you about to start at Nicktoons?)

Holiday cheer,
- Dominic

9:33 AM  
Blogger Sharon Spotbottom said...

Jeezuz did it.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Chris Merritt said...

Come have lunch with me down the street at WDI!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com