Monday, March 05, 2007

I GET CHILLS......

Howdy fellow theme park fans!

Yeah, yeah...I know. I've been bad. Well, if its any consolation, I feel bad.

My hit counter has consistent numbers so, I'm aware that I must be creating disappointment. Trust me, I will pick things up.



Going through some slides tonite, I found this rather nice Matterhorn interior from 1980.

Seeing it's icy cool chunkiness made me realize how much that view is missed and of course, the attraction that allowed that killer view.


Next to world peace, racial harmony and the Never-Ending Gobstopper, I wish for the return of the Skyway.

Awlrighty, I'll gladly trade in any two for the Skyway.


Damn you, bittersweet fate!

12 Comments:

Blogger Daveland said...

Great interior shot, Jordan! Where does the Peoplemover rate on your list? Above or below the gobstopper?

4:49 AM  
Blogger Dominic said...

The Skyway used to be the best place to smoke a doobie, especially when you got a rush just as you were entering the Matterhorn!

-- or so I've been told.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awsome shots! I miss that view sooo much too.

Wish I had a chance to smoke some doobie on there.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Amazon Belle said...

Welcome back! Great photo of "Harold" in the second shot.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I think I mentioned this somewhere but just is case...There is also a great video on youtube.com of the buckets from 1985 that goes through the Matterhorn - it's very well-done.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Zombie Kid said...

Uhhhh... are you still alive?

11:49 AM  
Blogger Sharon Spotbottom said...

Are you in a pickle?

5:14 PM  
Blogger Daveland said...

I think he's still chilled.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Major Pepperidge said...

Each time I look in the pickle barrel, it's the same old pickles!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Chris Merritt said...

The same old brine at the bottom of the barrel is beginning to turn rancid...

9:50 AM  
Blogger ickymouse said...

Hey, Jordan. I loved your show on 1.FM. I was wondering if you might contact me - I'm a huge collector of Disneyland audio and am looking for a few select tracks you may or may not have.

Thanks.

-Ickymouse.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Terrance T said...

The Skyway's trip through the Matterhorn always scared me as a kid because of Harold. I wish the Skyway was back, too!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com